Restaurant Sales Manager
The Restaurant Sales Manager is responsible for booking private events for all occasions as well as providing an exceptional guest experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning the execution of all private events both on and off site.
- Booking Events at all DZ Restaurants from beginning to end and complete all information for the BEOs (Banquet Event Orders)
- Prepare Financial reporting and complete administrative duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proactively source outside sales opportunities through cold calling and personal visits to potential clients to increase event sales.
- Maintain event planning & scheduling through sales program, Caterease.
- Meet and greet clients and conduct property tours as needed
- Assist the Restaurant Managers in supervising event set up and service as needed.
- Coordinate menu planning, preparation, and pricing.
- Attend Sales meetings, BEO Meetings and Restaurant Manager Meetings.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Assist the corporate office with answering the phones and taking guest reservations
- Attend and Participate in local meetings, groups and networking events as needed.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Sales/Marketing.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Previous hospitality sales experience required.
- Previous restaurant sales experience in a high end restaurant preferred.
- Flexible and occasional long hours often required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Extensive knowledge of Food & Beverage etiquette, guest relations, and service standards.
- Proficiency with Caterease catering and event planning software.
- General internet knowledge and use, including search capabilities.
- Ability to assess client needs and negotiate pricing.
- Must be highly organized, detailed and sales oriented.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple tasks while supporting the needs of the guests and the restaurants.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain a high level of work quality.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards guests and fellow co-workers.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.