Executive Chef Roslyn Zecchini appeared on the News Channel 13 “Let’s Eat” segment on Saturday! She prepared Mussels and Chorizo with Dan Bazile, discussed Saratoga Restaurant Week, and talked about our participation in the Toys for Toga program.
Mussels and Chorizo
Mussels- 12 ea
Garlic- 1/2 clove, thinly sliced
Chorizo- 1/2 a link, thinly sliced
Crushed tomato- 1/2 Cup
White wine- 1/2 Cup
Fish Stock- 1 Cup
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Pepper- 1/4 tsp
Paprika- 1/4 tsp
Salsa Verde- As garnish
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1T
Parsely- 1 tsp
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan on high heat.
- Add garlic and chorizo, sauté. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add mussels, sauté. Add parsley and deglaze pan with white wine, let reduce, add tomato puree and fish stock, cover.
- Once mussels have opened remove cover and serve.
- Drizzle with salsa verde.